After so long of just looking at the Belle La Peau - SM Olongapo's list of services, I finally had the courage to ask and try the Full Brazilian Waxing and it cost P750 minimum. You may throw in additional P250 for the mask and trust me, you deserve it.
It's not that I decided to do it out of the blue. I've tried their underarm waxing sort of like an initiation before going for something bolder and it's just a lot different than how I could've imagined it will be.
What to expect on your first waxing experience?
1. It's going to be a little embarrassing.
I was asked to do several positions exposing my thing but that's to get all the hair out. If I were on my early 20's I'd probably be too shy to spread my legs to a stranger but now that I'm older, the thought of it felt like having just another armpit waxing. I mean, the attendant have the same thing and she'd probably done that a lot of times because its part of her job so there really is no reason to be shy. How I reacted to the pain was more embarrassing than actually posing to get waxed.
2. It's freaking painful.
On the vlog I watched, she said it was tolerable. Then when I was there having mine done, I realized I don't have much tolerance for pain. I wasn't screaming or anything like that but I was begging her to stop. Then I thought of how much I had to pay so I just continued.
According to the attendant, it depends on how thick or course the hair is. So just imagine how the hair will be like for someone religiously shaving since adolescence.
3. It takes time.
It took me about an hour to finish. It was painful. I even beg her to give me at least five minutes when she got to the mons pubis. Yup. I googled that just to make sure. It was freaking sensitive that even just putting the warm wax hurts me. There were also small hair that she had to pluck individually.
Here's a before and after to show how much wax were used on me to give you an idea of my agony.
I was in pain until the next day because of it. It's tolerable though. I also noticed that it wasn't a clean job probably because some of my hair broke in the process instead of getting pulled from the roots.
After 2 to 3 days, i also noticed my skin peeling. It wasn't itchy or anything. I'm thinking its normal since I usually experience the same around my nose when I get a facial.
How long does it take before it grows back?
It's been 12 days since and it's still looking 95% bald. The remaining 5% is for those hair that broke.
Does it feel itchy?
Some parts yes because like I said, some hair broke and I've been shaving for a long time so it'll take several sessions before the hair thins out and feel better.
What's my advice to others who wants to try it?
Just do it! You'd never feel as clean as this when shaving. In my opinion, weeks of no hair is worth that one painful hour I had to go through every month or so. Besides it'll be less painful after several sessions because the hair strands will get finer.