I haven't told anyone but my family, my boss who's patiently waiting and my friends. My mother asked me of my plans and I told her I need to find a new job. One of my friends is my boss's daughter and although she didn't message me directly, she told her to tell me that I can transfer to our school and finish it there.
My thoughts: I don't want to.
I studied and endured my schedule for three years and it wasn't easy. The last thing I want is to start over again from nothing. Not because of my pride or anything but because it takes too much work and it's costly. I have project lined up too.
We still have a second chance and my friend (my boss's daughter) is asking me to try again this February but I can't. First is because of my full time job schedule which is basically twelve hours a day. Second is because of the line up of projects (which has nothing to do with my full time job) I have. I know taking the exam is important for my permanent job but I've already started the projects I left hanging last June. Other than my time, I've started investing money on it as well. If I stop now, I would have to sacrifice the time and money I spent on it this time just like the before.
For now, I plan to stay until July of next year for a second exam. I can't request for a study leave next year though since that's what I agreed with the bigger boss. I'd review it slowly until I finish the course outline.
Am I sad? Not really. I just feel sorry that I had such a huge opportunity cost and I wasn't able to get anything out of it.